WELCOME to HBWT! – We’re so glad that you have decided to check us out online. Take a tour around our site to get to know us a bit. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 314.567.6007.
What to Expect
From the time you walk in the door you will notice something different about HBWT, joy. Our members and visitors cannot wait to welcome you to get a “Dose of the Ghost” as Pastor Pat says. It is truly a joy to meet you and pray that you will experience the love and power of Christ here and then in your daily life. We have a relaxed atmosphere and are a “no shoes” -”no suit” – “no problem” church. You will find jeans, suits and everything in between. Have Bible offers classes and programs for your child or teen at each service, as well as, various activities and events during the month. These activities are designed to help your child develop a relationship with Christ and build lasting friendships with other students who love Jesus. It is such a joy to see our kids and youth as they learn to trust Jesus and grow spiritually.
Our Mission & Purpose
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. Matthew 28:19-20
To call all people to be fully devoted followers of Christ. We want to be a church where:
- People can “come as you are” to hear God’s Word in a non-threatening atmosphere
- Every member is passionately, pursuing full devotion to Christ
- Members are committed to HBWT with attendance, prayer, tithes and service by using their God given gifts
- Members grow in Christ and are encouraged and equipped to learn, lift then lead others to Christ
- Authentic, selfless people – individuals whom, by allowing God to use them for His purpose, their very lives demand belief in the existence and power of our Lord.
- It’s our desire for each member of the body to have a clear understanding of our passion for Christ and to be able to clearly communicate that passion to others.
Do you know Jesus as your Personal Savior?
- Realize that God loves you and has a plan for your life.
“For I know the plans I have you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a futures and a home.” Jeremiah 29:11 ESV
- The Bible says we’re all sinners, and our sin has separated us from God.
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23 ESV
- God’s Word also says that sin must be paid for.
“For the wages of sin is death…” Romans 6:23 ESV
Wages means payment. The payment of our sin is death and hell: separation from God forever.
- Believe that Christ paid for our sins.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 ESV
THE GOOD NEWS: Christ paid for our sins
All of our sins were laid on Christ on the cross. He paid our sin debt for us. The Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross, and He arose from the dead. He is alive forevermore.
“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8 ESV
“If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. Romans 10:9-10 ESV
We must personally pray and receive Christ by faith.
The Bible says,
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13 ESV
Pray and recieve Jesus Christ as your Savior
New Life, Everlasting life begins when we receive Christ as our Savior.
We adopt & adhere to the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” 2 Cor. 5:17 NIV